Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Baked Artichoke Chicken

 
I experimented on my family this weekend with this new recipe and they loved it.  I had anticipated crinkled noses and lots of yucks, however what I got was "wow, this is really good and the chicken is so yummy".  From my perspective, this was also really, really easy and I served it with steamed broccoli and some spagetti squash.  The picture shows chicken with the skin on, however I omitted the skin for a healthier version.  Enjoy!!
 
Baked Artichoke Chicken: (adapted from ABC The Chew)

2 lbs. chicken cut into large pieces (I used 1 lb skinless thighs and 1lb skinless breasts)
1 cup artichoke hearts, halved (canned is fine)
1 medium onion, cut into pieces same size as the artichokes
1 pound white button mushrooms (halved or quartered)
2 tablespoons brown mustard
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup chicken broth (low sodium)
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 bay leaf
kosher salt and pepper (to taste)

Preheat oven to 370F

Place artichokes, onions and mushrooms on the bottom of a big pan.
Place chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
Mix the mustard with the rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken.
Season w/ kosher salt & pepper.

Bake about 1 hour, basting the pieces once or twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment