Sunday, January 20, 2013

Enchilada Chicken Stew

I made this recipe last Sunday in my crock pot.  It was so yummy and I ate it all week.  My family even enjoyed it for dinner on Sunday - which is quite the feat to get my husband and 2 teenage daughters to all like a meal that I have made.  This is easy and fills your home with good smells.  Serve over brown rice, cauliflower rice or romaine lettuce.

2 lbs chicken breasts (I used 1/2 breasts 1/2 thighs to add a little more flavor)
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
2 oz canned jalapenos
4 oz can of diced green chiles
1 Tbl olive oil
14 oz can diced tomato, low sodium
7 oz can of tomato sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbl chili powder, sodium free
2 tsp dried oregano
bundle of cilantro, to garnich
avocado, to garnish

Pull out your handy dandy crock pot and add chicken, then remaining
ingredients on top, in any order.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.  When done cooking use 2 forks to shred the chicken.  Serve topped with cilantro and avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment